09 July, 2012

It's Monday! What are you Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is a meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. A weekly check in to see what you are currently reading and what is coming up. Head over to Shelia's blog to see what others are reading this week.




What am I reading now.

A Suitable Boy - Vikram Seth

This is our read for book group this month -it's huge! 1474 pages long and the type is small. Despite it's size, it's not too hard to read, but it is dense and a bit intimidating! Unfortunately it's not available on Kindle so it's a bit hard on the wrists as well! I actually worked out how many pages a day I had to read to finish it in time and I am currently 3-4 days ahead, so I am reading this as well for a bit of light relief!.

Guards! Guards! - Terry Pratchett


What am I listening to.

Tommo & Hawk - Bryce Courtenay

Finally finished The Potato Factory and have moved onto the second in the series. The kids have been on holidays and are therefore in the car with me, meaning I have not listened to much of this yet. They are back today so hopefully I'll start making inroads into this.

 What I Read Since I Last Posted a Monday Post!

It's been four weeks since I did a Monday post, so here are my reads for those weeks!

48 Shades of Brown - Nick Earls
The Potato Factory - Bryce Courtenay
The Alloy of Law - Brandon Sanderson
All My Dangerous Friends - Sonya Hartnett
Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L James - review to come
The Light Between Oceans - M.L Stedman - review to come

What's next?

More of A Suitable Boy! I also have a stack of books on Kindle and a stack of paper books to read, so am thinking of another couple of mini challenges to clear the backlog!

So what are you reading? Leave me a link, I'd love to know!