16 April, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is a meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. A weekly check in to see what you are currently reading and what is coming up. Head over to Shelia's blog to see what others are reading this week.


 What am I reading now.


The first of the CBCA Book of the Year Older Readers Short list books. I have five of the six and after spending several minutes trying to decide which one to read first, I decided to go alphabetically!


This is our book group book this month. It's ok, but I think I've picked another dud...



 
Surgeon tomorrow and I'm hoping he'll tell me I can drive so I'll be back to listening to this in the car.

Blog recommendation this week.

This weeks blog is Enjoying The Small Things. As anyone who has been reading this blog over the last couple of weeks will know, Kelle Hampton (who writes Enjoying the Small Things) blogs about her gorgeous family and their journey with Nella, their two year old who has Down Syndrome. For me it's the photos that make this blog.


     
The gorgeous Nella.   

Kelle found this book store decoration in NY!

I also love the up beat feel of this blog. Kelle and her family really do take time to Enjoy the small things!
 
What I Read This Week

Two finishes this week.

Pyramids - Terry Pratchett

Bloom - Kelle Hampton

What's next?

Hoping to push through the Children's Book Council of Australia Older Readers short list pretty quickly so that will likely be my focus for the next few weeks. I also start back at the library on Wednesday so lord knows what I will bring home from there!
So what are you reading? Leave me a link, I'd love to know!