09 April, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is a meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. A weekly check in to see what you are currently reading and what is coming up. Head over to Shelia's blog to see what others are reading this week.


 What am I reading now.

Pratchett is my current fall back author when I'm not sure what I want to read next!


 
Hopefully when I go back to the surgeon next week he'll tell me I can drive again so I'll be back to listening to this in the car.

Blog recommendation this week.

This weeks blog is Moggit. Moggit is a design blog with a difference, it aims to find the absurd and ridiculous in the design world and bring it to you.


Moggit makes me laugh out loud at least once a week.
 
What I Read This Week

I better reading this week - not sure why - kids are on holidays, I'm still on the couch and somehow I found more time to read - go figure!


Lone Wolf - Jodi Piccoult - I enjoyed this. I followed it up the day after with a post about my issues with Piccoult's mother characters.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling - Finally got around to re-reading the last in the series. I miss Harry and the gang already!
The Universe Within - Adrian Ridgley - this is a book I proof read for one of my husband's friends who has gone on to self publish this in ebook format.

What's next?

Well the Children's Book Council of Australia has published it's short lists for this year (look out for a post about it tomorrow) and I was thrilled to see all of the books in the older reader categories were in at the library. They are now all on request and hopefully I will be able to pick them up next week. Other than that, I'm looking for ideas on what to read for my Dystopian challenge - do you have any ideas?? I have done a post here on some ideas I have and what I've already read. If you can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!


So what are you reading? Leave me a link, I'd love to know!