19 April, 2012

10 Years of Sharing Books


Ten years ago today, I produced this


How clever was I! Unfortunately, he chose to scare the hell out of us and less than 24 hours later, he was like this

Thanks to the brilliant staff at the Newborn Intensive Care Unit at Canberra Hospital, less than two weeks later I took home this


 Today, there is this


Last night he chose to scare the hell out of us again with severe abdominal pain. Bad enough that his dad took him to hospital. In the end it's turned out to be nothing. Today he is fine and totally he enjoyed his day off school.

The child was lucky enough to be born into a house where both parent read, so that's what we did. Here are a selection of favourites over the past 10 years.

Baby/Toddler Years

The first book he ever "read" to me. He still pulls it out now and then.

Don't ever attempt to read this after a few wines - very funny!

A favourite from Nanna and Pops house.

Anyone for a wild rumpus?

Chapter Books to Share

A great series we shared that he now reads independently

Is any childhood complete without this?

My husband and I raced each other to be the one who read each night during this.
Books that boys love.


Funny, funny books. The whole series is brilliant.

A wonderful Australian author - a great beginner fantasy series

Totally disgusting - perfect for boys. Other titles by this author include The Day My Bum went Psycho and Zombie Bums from Uranus.

 Following in his father's footsteps

And this is what he is reading now. It appears my son may be a fantasy buff, just like his dad.

Happy birthday baby boy, I am so proud to be your mum!