19 March, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is a meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. A weekly check in to see what you are currently reading and what is coming up. Head over to Shelia's blog to see what others are reading this week.


 What am I reading now.


Love my Pratchett and this one is sooo funny!

I usually only listen to audio in the car and since I can't drive at the moment, I haven't made any progress with this.

Blog recommendation this week.

I'm going to introduce this to my weekly "What are you Reading" post. I love blogs, am addicted to them, so thought each week I would highlight a blog I love. To kick it off I'm going to go with PostSecret. I discovered this blog a couple of years ago and love it! There is only one post a week on Sunday, which means I usually get it on Monday, being in Australia. From Wikipedia: 

PostSecret is an ongoing community mail art project, created by Frank Warren, in which people mail their secrets anonymously on a homemade postcard. Select secrets are then posted on the PostSecret website, or used for PostSecret's books or museum exhibits.
I love reading the secrets each week. Some will make you laugh, some will make you cry and some will make you cringe! And every now and then, it will be your secret and you know you are not alone.

 This one made me laugh this week. Source: http://www.postsecret.com/ 17 March 2012
What have I read recently
I'm (hopefully) almost at the end of my 6 week confinement to the couch! I see the surgeon tomorrow and hopefully he will tell me I can start bearing weight on the ankle I broke 6 weeks ago. Despite the high level of couch time, I haven't read nearly as much as I thought I would! This is what I have read since I last did a Monday post.

The Complete Peanuts 1965 - 1966 - Charles Schulz
Sourcery - Terry Pratchett
The Secret History - Donna Tartt
The Mayor of Casterbridge - Thomas Hardy
Article 5 - Kristen Simmons

What's next?
After the disappointment of Article 5 (click the link above to read my review, but be warned, I wasn't impressed!) I have a desire to re-read the Hunger Games, especially before I go see the movie. My husband and I are also watching season 6 of Dexter, and I'm thinking I need to reread the first 3 and move on to whatever comes after.
So what are you reading? Leave a comment, I'd love to know!