26 March, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is a meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. A weekly check in to see what you are currently reading and what is coming up. Head over to Shelia's blog to see what others are reading this week.


 What am I reading now.



I was sent this by the publisher to read for a book tour in a couple of months. My first book tour!! I'm very excited!!


I usually only listen to audio in the car and since I can't drive at the moment, I haven't made any progress with this.

Blog recommendation this week.

I love blogs, am addicted to them, so each week I will highlight a blog I love.

This week I thought I would look at a blog that highlights my other love - quilting.

Sampaguita Quilts is written by the gorgeous Emma, who I met in an online parenting group when we both pregnant with our now 6 year old! She designs, pieces and quilts the most beautiful quilts for gifts and her etsy shop. She has had several pieces published in Australian Patchwork and Quilting. I strongly recommend popping over and checking out her gallery.


This shows off her incredible quilting talent. Source: http://sampaguitaquilts.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/little-possum.html

What I read last week.

The good news from the surgeon last week was that I am allowed to start bearing weight on my leg, but it's still limited. However, the extra freedom is wonderful! Three finishes this week.

Wyrd Sisters - Terry Pratchett - continuing the love affair
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins - a reread in preparation for the movie
Sonoma Rose - Jennifer Chiaverini - the most recent Elm Creek Quilters book




What's next?

Not sure. More Pratchett?? I also need to finish my re read of the Harry Potter series - only The Deadly Harrows left to go. Only problem is it's not on Kindle and so unwieldy!

So what are you reading? Leave a comment, I'd love to know!