22 January, 2012

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Title: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Author: J.K Rowling
Series: Harry Potter
Genre: Fiction
Audience: Children/ Young Adult
Format: Book - Personal Collection

From Goodreads: Harry Potter is due to start his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. His best friends Ron and Hermoine have been very secretive all summer and he is desperate to get back to school and find out what has been going on. However, what Harry discovers is far more devastating than he could ever have expected...
Suspense, secrets and thrilling action from the pen of J.K. Rowling ensure an electrifying adventure that is impossible to put down.

 
What I thought: Most probably my least favourite book in the series. Having said that, I did still enjoy it. I can remember reading this for the first time and getting rather annoyed with Harry's woe is me attitude about everything. How on earth Ron or Hermoine did not lay him flat at some stage I will never know! Mind you, at the same time, it would be incredibly frustrating to be kept in the dark so much. I love Dumbledore's speech at the end where he admits he has kept too much from Harry for too long. I think it's important that children get to experience characters they love being flawed and apologising when they get it wrong. As for Umbridge - truly the most despicable character Rowling ever came up with!