25 September, 2010

Tea Time for the Traditionally Built

Tea Time for the Traditionally Built by Alexander McCall Smith

I looooooooooooooooove The No 1 Ladies Detective Series. I have been reading them for ages, devouring each new one as it came out. Somehow, and I'm not sure how, I managed to miss the pass two! Something I am rectifying as soon as possible!!

Last week I was lucky enough to head away for 5 days without the husband or kids so I down loaded this to my kindle as one of the books to keep me company.

Well there is no surprise I loved it. I have never read another series that has gone for so long (this is book 10) where I haven't started to think of for god sake, this is getting ridiculous or found one or two of the books in the series lacking. Reading this was like walking into a comforting hug from a friend who says "I've missed you!"

In Tea Time, Mma Ramotswe has to deal with a soccer team that has suddenly started to lose and the death of her beloved white van. Mma Makutsi meanwhile has to deal with the machinations of the unscrupulous Violet Sephotho who is obviously out to steal her betrothed, Mr Phuti Radiphuti.

As always, new things are discovered, mysteries are solved and the book is closed with a sigh of contentment. Until next time.