25 September, 2010

My Name is Memory

My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares

I found this while browsing a friends book shelf. To me it came across as a if you like The Time Traveler's Wife, you'll like this kind of deal. I loved The Time Traveler's Wife so thought I would give this a go.

Let me say from the start while it was quite good, it was no where near as good as Time Traveler's for me.

Daniel has an eternal memory. He remembers everything and everyone from his past lives. He has lived and died many times and is always searching for Sofia, a girl he has loved forever.

While Daniel remembers everything, Sofia doesn't. In this life she is called Lucy and she remembers nothing. As the book progresses, you realise Lucy may be in danger from another person with eternal memory who may do whatever they need to to stop her and Daniel living happily ever after.

I wasn't happy with the ending of the book. It was very up in the air, but today I read another review that said there is suppose to be a sequel. To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about the book. I think it suffered from me comparing it to Time Traveler's Wife. I will be read the sequel however.