15 March, 2010

The Master Quilter

The Master Quilter by Jennifer Chiaverini

Book six in the Elm Creek Quilts series  starts with a letter to previous quilt campers, friends and colleagues of Sylvia asking them to make a quilt block to contribute to a bridal quilt for Sylvia and Andrew. They need 140 and are hoping to get enough despite the short notice.

This is the first book since the second one (Round Robin) that focuses mainly on the Elm Creek Quilters themselves. The big theme for the book is change! There's a lot of it going on! Issues surrounding work, relationships and family abound. It's hard to say too much without giving away what happens in the book. Needless to say, it is all sorted by the end and while there is still heartache to endure and decisions to be made, you know that this bunch of friends will be around to support each other, no matter what!

This is the last of the Elm Creek books I have already read. To tell you the truth, I thought I'd only read 3 or 4! I have read the synopsis of the next book and I know I haven't read it! It's on hold at the library and I need to read The Poisonwood Bible for this month's book club, so there will be a slight reprieve from the Elm Creek books. Aren't you pleased!?